Mrs Harris was very angry last Sunday. She got in a train and went to her son's house in Greensea. Then she said to him, "Geoff, why do you never phone me?"
Geoff laughed. "But, Mother,'" he said, '"you haven't got a phone."
"No," she answered, "I haven't, but you've got one!"
A) Which of these sentences are true (T) and which are false (F)? Write T or F.
1. Mrs Harris's husband was dead.
2. Geoff went to live in Greensea.
3. Geoff got less money in Greensea.
4. Geoff had a phone.
5. Geoffs mother had a phone.
6. Geoff never phoned his mother.
B) Answer these questions.
1. Where did Mrs Harris live?
2. Where did her son work?
3. Where did he go and work after that?
4. Was Mrs Harris happy about this?
5. What did Geoff say to her?
6. Where did Mrs Harris go last Sunday?
7. What did she say to Geofi?
8. What was GeofPs answer?
9. And what did Mrs Harris say to him then?
C) Put one of these in each empty place.
a long time - a long way - far - long
1. Was the town . . . from Mrs Harris's village?
- Yes, it was. . . .
2. Did Geoffwork in the village shop. . .?
No, he did not work there . . . .
3. Did Geoffwork in the town. . .?
- Yes, he worked there . . . .
4. Was his house . . . from the station?
- No, it was not . . . .